Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Limbo Land

I'm twidling my thumbs in the land of Limbo. (okay, so I'm actually twidling emoticons.)

We're supposed to be moving out at the end of the month, but I can't bring myself to look for a new place without Baby. I know he trusts me to pick the right home, but I just want to make sure we're both happy with it. He returns from the UK in 92 hours. Yup, Baby's coming back.

I'm not teaching again until the week of April 30th (except once every other Saturday afternoon), so my course prep and editing work is down to, well, snooze level. Not that I'm complaining! I love the mind break.

B&F have my novel. They told me I don't need to do anything (well, B told me I should pamper myself). They're taking it to the London Book Fair and to the Bologna Children's Book Fair. Do you know how many exhibitors there will be at the LBF? I don't know but there were over 150 listed under the A's alone. Okay, so there weren't that many listed under X, Y, or Z, but you get my drift.

Every publisher I would ever want to query (if I had time and they took unsolicited manuscripts) is going to be there and B&F are taking meetings with as many as possible. Hot damn! It's unbelievable. A few weeks ago I was placing sticky notes in the writer's guide to publishers, hoping to query a few by the end of the April. Now that guide is back on the shelf gathering dust and I don't know what to do with myself...

...and I've been smoke free for almost 80 hours. YOU try quitting smoking when you've got THIS much time on your hands. Actually, I think this time it's going to stick. Because B&F called with their offer 20 minutes after my last cigarette, I will forever equate the two. Quitting smoking = getting a fabulous agent.

For the most part I've been wandering around telling myself I'm a world-famous writer. That all my peeps are out working for me and I don't have to lift a finger. B&F are going to get my book published on 6 continents and NBM is working on my new website (to be launched in one week!). Yup, twidling, twidling, twidling...

I think I'll give my cat a bath.

Oh, and I might start a new 10-day challenge just to keep myself motivated.

No comments: