Sunday, June 24, 2007

Can Monkeys Give Birth to Twins?


Yes, another odd thought I had while working on my script today.

I was thinking if humans could give birth to twins, why not monkeys? Turns out I'm right. There are even records of conjoined monkey twins. (Doesn't that sound like a great name for a punk band? Conjoined Monkeys)

These are albino pygmy monkeys (marmosets)
Here's the article.

These guys look like something out of a Star Wars movie. They are amazing. They are the smallest monkeys in the world. Adults grow to 5 inches.

Ah, research... the best form of procrastination.

2 comments:

Esther said...

hiya! my screenplay is coming along very, very slowly. and i'm behind on exercises (oh no!) but i'm trying to cath up.

those monkeys are cute!

OpenChannel said...

Hey Esther! (aka WinterRose)

Like I've said before, it's not how fast you go, it's how steady you go. Just keep going!

Over on Vicki's site http://vickilane.blogspot.com/
She and her group do a 100 day challenge where they have to write 100 words each day for 100 days.

100 words is not that much. But after 100 days, you have 10,000 words. That's progress.