Thursday, June 28, 2007

Tag, You're It!

So apparently I've been "tagged." This seems to be some kind of blog chain letter type thing. I'll play along. I'll try anything once (if no one is harmed in the process).

And btw, when did "meme" become a questionnaire one sends out to people over the Internet? I kind of get it, since a MEME is a bit of cultural information (like catch-phrases (Where's the beef?) jokes, jingles, facts, beliefs, etc) passed down from generation to generation (sort of like pop culture genetics). So I guess it's sort of passing information, but I don't know that any of it has any cultural stickiness.

In any case, here are the rules:

A. Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves.

B. The rules (that you're reading right now) of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed.

C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to check your blog.

(please don't hate me if you're on this list of 8 and you didn't want to be tagged. So few of my friends actually blog. They do other things to procras.... I mean occupy their time. There won't be a mad fairy who curses you for seven generations if you don't participate. Bees won't fly up your anus. At least I don't think so, I'll have to check on that.)

FACTOIDS about DANIKA

1) She used to take ballet and tap dancing as a child, but when her instructor told her they were going to be televised, she got scared and told her mom she didn't want to take lessons any more.

2) The worst thing she did as a child was to leave a pile of dogpoop on a neighbor girl's porch. Most kids made fun of this girl, although Danika didn't mind her and had even been inside her house. She had older and odd parents and a dog named Freckles. Danika would like to apologize in person some day.

3) When Danika was 14 she told her mother she wanted a tattoo. She was thinking perhaps a blue butterfly on her hand. Her mother told her to wait for 10 years and then decide.

3) When Danika was 15 she painted everything in her room purple.

4) Danika spent the night in line waiting to buy Duran Duran tickets when she was 16 (yes, kids, gather around and I'll tell you tales of the days before the internet... when we walked to the library up-hill over broken glass...)

5) When Danika's boyfriend broke up with her when she was a senior in high school, she ran through the streets crying. Her Father followed along in the car to make sure she was all right. The police stopped her to ask if the man in the car behind her was harassing her.

6) Danika had the nickname "Dinky" in college because one of her professors misremembered her name. Her friends thought it was HI-LA-RI-OUS.

7) At the end of her sophomore year in college, Danika and her friend M (Danika is not a rat, M can confess on her own blog) dumped environmentally friendly bio-degradable suds in the school fountain. It was beautiful. The next day, maintenance cleaned out the fountain. They wanted to tell them the suds were safe, but, uh... yeah... (they also climbed onto the roof of the science building and snuck into a room and spent the night. Shhhhhh!)

8) Danika gave Allen Ginsberg a ride home from a party while she was studying at Naropa. Afterwards, her silly friend L. shook his hand and said "Thank You." They laughed and went to the store to buy two rubber fish to celebrate the moment (they were on sale for 1/2 price). Later they took the fish on a road trip to New York.

9) At 24, Danika got a tattoo. (it was not a blue butterfly, nor was it on her hand)

10) 15 years passed during which Danika wrote. A lot. Poetry, prose, journals, dreams, screenplays, songs. She wrote so much she couldn't stop.


I'll tag.....

Erin Berringer
John Berringer (yes, both of you)
Ken "Clean-Air System"
Frank Parker
SR Duncan
Mickey Cohen
Max Adams
Jennica Harper

3 comments:

OpenChannel said...

Apparently, I also cannot count (or maybe I just can't stop talking about myself). I see I listed TEN factoids and not eight.

Probably because this is similar to an assignment I give in my writing classes called "The 10 Defining Moments of My Life." Which I might share with you later (the assigment, not my defining moments). If you're nice. And don't make fun of my math skills.

Erin Berringer said...

Thanks for the TAG! There's nothing I enjoy more than sharing personal factoids about myself with strangers. (Of wait...yes there is. ha ha!!)

Only personal factoid you get - I do have a tattoo, and it IS a blue butterfly (although not on my hand).

You're it...By the way, I'm considering a form of Blog Bingo, although I haven't worked out the details yet.

OpenChannel said...

You're the marketing expert, use the TAG to your advantage somehow!

It could be 8 factoids about your company or products or top 8 ads.