Annie at Reading is My Superpower tagged me for the Blogging Tips Meme. This is only the second time I've been tagged for a meme and I feel like the girl in Junior High School who finally got an invitation to the cool kid's party.
Instructions: When this meme is passed on to you, copy the whole thing, skim the list and put a * star beside the tips you especially like.
Add the next number (1. 2. 3. 4. 5., etc.) and write your own blogging tip for other bloggers. Try to make your tip general.
After that, tag some other people. It was originally 10 others but I don't know 10 people who would do this. So make it 5-10. I'm changing the rules. Haha.
1. Look, read, and learn. ***-http://www.neonscent.com/
2. Be EXCELLENT to each other. **-http://www.bushmackel.com/
3. Don’t let money change ya! *-http://www.therandomforest.info/
4. Always reply to your comments. ******-http://chattiekat.com/
5. Link liberally — it keeps you and your friends afloat in the Sea of Technorati. ****-http://chipsquips.com/
6. Don’t give up - persistence is fertile. *-http://www.velcro-city.co.uk/
7. Give link credit where credit is due. *****-http://www.sfsignal.com/
8. Pictures say a thousand words and can usually add to any post.***-http://scifichick.com/
9. Visit all the bloggers that leave comments for you - it’s nice to know who is reading! ****-http://stephaniesbooks.blogspot.com/
10. When commenting on others’ blogs, a few kind words go a long way. – * http://shelflifeblog.blogspot.com/
11. When you’re starting out, comment on all the blogs you like to read; that way the bloggers will know that you exist! * http://astripedarmchair.blogspot.com
12. Make sure you check your links! http://superfastreader.com By way of explanation–when you cut & paste the text of a meme, you don’t get the underlying links. If you just see text, you need to turn the text into links manually. If you see hyperlinks, you can cut & paste from the Page Source to get the HTML code and preserve the links. In Firefox, you can use Command/Apple-U to see this. The whole point of a meme is to spread link love, but you need more than just the text to do that.
13. Give your blog a theme/focus; make a niche for yourself. http://www.theaccidentalnovelist.blogspot.com/
Thanks to SuperFast for the tag. I’m supposed to tag (up to) 10 people... here goes:
Vicki at Writing With Vicki
Anita at Anita's Owl Creek Bridge
Erin at Newport Business Branding
Susan of West of Mars
Linda at Raven's Roads