I think Poodlerat is reading something like 100 books in a year. Wow.
This week I asked 13 people to "assign" a book to me (It was easier than making my own list). My challenge is that I will read them all before the end of the year. (I asked specifically for fiction as I already read lots of non-fiction and some poetry).
The list is as follows (in no particular order):
1) Dr. Neruda's Cure for Evil by Rafael Yglasias (recommended by Jackie)
2) Seduction by Light by Al Young (recommended by Gwendolyn)
3) Was by Geoff Ryman (recommended by a producer I met)
4) The Alchemist by Paulo Cuelo (recommended by Ami the Llama)
7) Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides (recommended by Barbara)
11) Skinny Legs and All by Tom Robbins (recommended by Baby)
I noticed most of these are male authors, and I would have liked more balance, but I said I would read them, so I will.
Thanks for all your recommendations, folks! And please visit the websites of all the blogging book reviewers. They provide a great service.