Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Thursday Thirteen Again Already? (TT #2)

Wow, time flies... This TT thing isn't as easy as I thought (even with my TTTT List). You really gotta be on your toes. And when I tried to actually THINK of 13 things, I went through several lists before I came to one I could do. So, by process of elimination I present to you:



Thirteen Objects I Have Named

1 Bear-Bear (later to be renamed Bare-Bear after he
lost all his fur) - My first stuffed teddy bear. I still have
him. He's 37 years old.

2 The Green Machine – My moped. She was bright green.

3 Bossie - The first car I paid over $1,000 for. A white
1988 Toyota Corolla FX Hatchback.

4 The Hags – Technically not an object but it’s MY list.
A spoken-word performance trio of bitchy women. We met
and performed in Boulder, CO.

5 Cedar, Redwood, Willow, etc. – When I was in college
I worked for a builder. They were putting up townhomes.
I was only an office assistant, but for some reason they let
me name the different designs. I guess they thought I was
creative. Ironically, I named them all after trees.

6 The Acorn - My household north of the U District in
Seattle
. We called it that because we said we were all"corny."
I had 5 different house-mates during the three years I lived there.

7 The Refugee Camp – My household in South Seattle. There
were three of us. One of us was from Bosnia.

8 ForWord FourTete – A spoken-word quartet I performed
with in Seattle. 2 males, 2 females. We rocked.

9 Katmandu – My household on the Eastside of Vancouver.
Two cats and 4 humans.

10 Katmandeux – My current household (just *Baby, me, and
the two cats).

11 Asta – My motorcycle. A red Yamaha Radian YX600. Named
after a kick ass chick heroine in an Aussie flick and also a play
on the Spanish word Hasta.

12 Bob – A brown accordion folder I used to have my students
turn their work into. I have no idea why I called it Bob. It just
seemed appropriate at the time.

13 Baby – The object of my affection. I can’t remember what
his first name is. He also calls me Baby. It makes things easier.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens:
1. Poodlerat
2. Miss Profe
3. Mommyba
4. Starrlight
5. Lisa
6. Joy T.
7. Expat Mom
8. Scribbit




Can anyone tell me how to get that nifty box where folks can add their name themselves?



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



12 comments:

Miss Profe said...

I like your list.

I still have my first bear, too. It was given to me by my parents when I was a baby. It doesn't have a name, though.

I call my car, Boo Boo.:)

MommyBa said...

You have a very cool list for this week. I have also named the cars that I use (Victoria for my Honda Civic and Tish for my Toyota Corolla Altis). Then there was Fifi, a furry doll that got lost when we moved to our family home. Freddie Krueger was an ex. LOL!

Happy Thursday!

ExPat Mom said...

Great idea for a list. Sometimes they come around too fast, don´t they?

Starrlight said...

Happy TT!

You can get the link box at Mr Linkie
www.blenza.com

OpenChannel said...

Thanks, all! I've started to remember other objects I have named. I had two rubber fish I called Bobo and Pepe. I took them on road trips with me.

Hmmm... Freddy Krueger... let me guess, bad breakup?

Starrlight... thanks! I'll check it out.

Poodlerat said...

Other than stuffed animals, the only I think I own that has a name is my calculator, Sir Calvin. By a strange coincidence, my cousin's cat is also named Calvin. And she and her husband liked the name so much, they named their firstborn child Calvin, too. I look forward to the day I can tease him about being named after a cat.

Joy T. said...

Aww Bare-Bear. Nothing like a naked bear in the house LOL Great list, glad I visited for TT!

OpenChannel said...

Poodlerat - Love Sir Calvin the calculator.

Thanks, Joy!

Lisa said...

My first car was named Cody, and the second Lucille. I didn't name the third, and just got my fourth, still unnamed.

Happy Thursday.

Scribbit said...

For being unsure of the whole TT thing you sure came up with a fun list. Love it!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Yep, very good list. What fun stuff you've named!

OpenChannel said...

Thanks, Scribbit and Susan, I almost want to do a follow up, since I've remembered several more things.

Lisa, I don't know why, but I've always named my modes of transportation. Guess I want to know what to call them to encourage them to go.

If a friend buys a car and they don't give it a name, I name it for them. I just named my friend's van Velma. I also tend to rename my friend's boyfriends and husbands for some reason.