Thursday, July 5, 2007

Thursday Thirteen's Thursday Thirteens (TT #1)

I'm not sure if this will be a regular feature, but I was invited to be part of the Thursday Thirteen. Of course, before you can get on the blogroll you have to do it a few times to make sure you are committed and not just saying "sure, yeah, i'll do it." I get that. I just have to decide if I'm committed (or should be committed for doing it).

I've had a week to think about it and decided I'd start my Thursday Thirteen with a list of Thirteen things I'm considering making a Thursday Thirteen list about.
(I figured if I couldn't come up with 13 things, I'm probably going to run out of ideas very fast...)



13 Things I've been thinking about
writing a list of 13 things about


1) 13 books I'm ashamed to admit I have never read

2) 13 favourite words

3) 13 places I want to go before I die

4) 13 I secrets I have kept (until now)

5) 13 blogs I have to check on a weekly basis or I get anxious

6) 13 start lines to 13 of my original poems

7) 13 bad ideas for a screenplay

8) 13 objects I have named

9) 13 ways I entertain myself since we sold our TV

10) 13 images that make me sad

11) 13 things I do instead of smoke cigarettes now that I have quit

12) 13 films I'm shamed to admit I love

13) 13 defining songs from my youth


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Vicki Lane
2. Raven's Roads
3. Susan Helene Gottfried


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




Well, that wasn't so bad after all... tune in next week to see if I do it again.

12 comments:

Vicki said...

OMG...you've just given yourself thirteen weeks worth of Thursday Thirteen's in your blog. You Rock!!

Now all you have to do each week is pick one of those items and do the thirteen about them.

I can't wait till next week. :)

Toni said...

Great list! I have a running list also! It can be fun, you will find many new blogs! Happy T13!

Seriously looking forward to #7 & #8!

Air Force Wife
Special K Family
Check out my contest!

OpenChannel said...

Thanks for cruising in, Toni. Good idea to keep a running list... I'm impressed with anyone who has been doing this more than 20 weeks.

I should add a disclaimer... subject to change and not necessarily in that order.

Maybe after I run out I'll do a "13 more things to write lists about."

Nicki Mann said...

Wow, those are some great ideas for Thursday Thirteens! I hope you will decide to do them all!!!!!

TopChamp said...

They look like great ideas for TT's..... I might STEAL them all.... I'm not sure that secrets work well on a blog though.

Then again - I'm a shocking TT participant at the moment as I keep forgetting, or going on holiday, or not thinking of anything so you're pretty safe.

Thanks for visiting! See you again soon.

OpenChannel said...

Oh, haha, what I mean by "secrets I have kept (until now)" is a list of secrets from, say, elementary and junior high school that my friends told me and I managed to keep... if I can remember them.

No, not giving away any of my OWN secrets.

Lady Jane said...

Great list! I am going to have to use some of these in the future! :)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Welcome to TT; it's an addictive sort of thing, so be prepared.

I keep not just a list of topics, but an entire file of lists that're done or half-done or just getting started. That way, if I'm ever uninspired, I've got some ready to go.

Hope you stick with it; it's a great community.

ravensroads said...

Cool! (Thanks for visiting my blog, too--how many cats, then?)

Hey, I don't think anyone should be ashamed of what they have done or haven't done. You can always do more of the things you haven't done, but being ashamed won't help a thing. :)

Linda

OpenChannel said...

Yeah, I just noticed I put the word "ashamed" in two of them.

For those who know me, I'm pretty unashamed, so perhaps that was the wrong word.

It was more in jest... how about 13 books I've ironically never read? Well, tune in later to find out what I REALLY meant.

Thomas Kingsley Troupe said...

Looking forward to seeing your lists. This one is kind of like a teaser/preview for things to come.

Like you, I worry that I'm not going to come up with anything worthwhile by Thursday. I'm 2 weeks in and already wondering how long I'll be able to keep it up.

See you later this week!

ravensroads said...

I don't read boring books. ;-)

Thanks for your comments over at Raven's Roads, to which I just replied. :-)