Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Bonus Poetry Train (on a Tuesday)

After reading through the first half of my 3:15's, I found this one that I kinda liked:

Aug 3

Poems require one to be
haunting. one star
in the window. home
star is what you thought.
Now time for the mind
reading part, after the
haunting, after the way
to rise above the
occasion
from the
poolside everyone stares
into the water.
where we all begin
Cats howling like
little sisters Begin
young ones, after your turn
in the water after
your turn in the window
young star after your
haunting song and dance
Begin to disappear the sign
of being past ones prime
the moon at 82% and
waning.

4 comments:

Rhian / Crowwoman said...

oh yeah - Danika! this is great! loved this "Begin to disappear the sign
of being past ones prime
the moon at 82% and
waning."

This one is definitely spoken word powerful. i reads it aluod to myself and got goosebumps!

Vicki said...

I like the Cats howling like little sisters Begin young ones,

and, well, I liked the entire thing. :)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I'm really digging this 3:15 project. Not enough to try it, mind you! But I really see a neat thematic sense in these two poems.

Thanks for the bonus!

Danika / OpenChannel said...

Thanks, Rhian - I aim to goose. Haha.

Vicki - thanks for stopping in... are we ever going to get some poetry out of you? :-)

Susan - Well, it's not for everyone. And it gets harder and harder each year as I get older! A lot of people think they want to try it and discover it's really quite a challenge. I've been doing it so many years I can't imagine NOT doing it.