Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Monday Poetry Train (a delinquent #7)

I believe it is still Monday somewhere. Probably Hawaii.

I have been inspired by the PT to write more poetry. Aside from our annual August romp, poetry and I had gone our separate ways several years ago, wishing to see others. We had been together for 20 years and needed a break.

We have slowly started to see each other again, and are testing the waters. We'll see how it goes.

petitio principii

I exist
therefore I am

I write to you in your existence among plums
a creation of my existence
this is a material fallacy
I love you
therefore you are
the existence of love
among plumes
as hope is a thing with feathers
but without the rest of the bird
will not bring you home

my heart hears
through doors
my dreams leap like disasters
once there, you kissed me
twice
it was all me, on the outside
inside
I think
therefore
I look up words in dictionaries
the task of domestic animals
leaning into drunk-with-love ears

I love the way you love me
with anger
it begs the question
as love exists to prove love


Take a ride on Rhian's Poetry Train.

3 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

as hope is a thing with feathers
but without the rest of the bird
will not bring you home


Wow, Danika. How true is that????

Rhian / Crowwoman said...

oh i really loved this:
"my heart hears
through doors
my dreams leap like disasters"

Vicki said...

Love this line:

I love you
therefore you are
the existence of love

This is great!!