Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #10 - 13 LAST lines from 13 poems


13 Final Lines from 13 Poems

I figured you might be getting tired of my 13 first lines from 13 poems routine, to I mixed it up a bit. Here are 13 LAST lines from 13 original poems. And I'd be happy to share any of these whole poems on my next Monday Poetry Train. If memory serves, only one of these is a published poem, the rest are simply hanging out.


1)

my guilty pleasures

bend to let the moth storms in


2)

escaped from cages after stoned nights of apathy

when things fell unclean around us


3)

every other thing

is a holy relic. and i am the suffering christ.


4)

we lose touch with our feet

in the courtyard

beasts join us


5)

praying that we didn’t ruin a good thing

praying that there will be good things to come


6)

your laughing eyelashes

teasing angels as they plant cedar trees

in beaded robes


7)

if he could be my body guard

I’d have another drink


8)

round like a heart beat dangling in

the hopeful future


9)

your pen is beautiful arrangements

warmer

your music too


10)

i draw puzzles for words

and hurt all over like a woman


11)

when we fall free and easy

into our

most memorable kiss


12)

you are inside

on a fine christmas shopping day

tender butterfly taking off

and landing


13)

I love my love it is what I have

when your heart is missing the point


Most of these were written in 2001 and 2002, when I was a better poet then I am today. It was in my life more often. But I seem to be coming back to it.


Have a great weekend.




7 comments:

Shelby said...

I hope you have a great weekend too! What a great list - of LAST lines :)

The Mom said...

That's one way to tempt readers!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I really like the first one. I'm game to see that on a Poetry Train...

Vicki said...

Wow, what a great list of last lines. Like hooks in the books or end of scene's in a play. :)

cajunvegan said...

Talent ... You've Got It. Thanks for sharing. Sadly, mine is about vodka.

Buck Naked Politics said...

Well done! I wish I could write poetry.

Danika / OpenChannel said...

Shelby and Mom, thanks for stopping by.

Susan - thanks and I'll consider posting that one on Monday.

Vicki - that's the idea. ;-)

Cajunvegan, thanks for stopping by. Vodka sounds pretty good to me right about now.

Buck Naked, thanks a bunch!