Monday, October 1, 2007

Monday Poetry Train #7

I was looking through my old virtual files and found this little poem. I don't remember writing it. I hope I did. It's not my usual style, but I think it was from a time when I was unemployed and discouraged.

I do not know who Sylvia is.

applicant

I am responding to your recent posting
for a reader-of-words I have extensive
experience petting grass I am very
fond of sunshine and spent the last
few minutes of my time absorbing
the warmth from my window I get
along well with leaves and pinecones
did I mention my degree in solitude?
during my previous position as a
singer-in-the-shower I was responsible
for prioritizing soap bubbles I would
be happy to solve any riddles or provide
a means of transportation to the center
of anything thank you for your time
and consideration love Sylvia


1.28.03

Join Rhian's Monday Poetry Train

7 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Danika, that's a hoot! It makes me think of my local paper's weekly resume column and the bloopers and just plain mystifying things that people say when they apply for jobs.

Lisa Andel said...

I've got to agree, I really enjoyed reading this. For being written while unemployed, it has a really light tone to it.

Jill said...

I really like the singer-in-the-shower part!! Who of us didn't do that at least once!!

Vicki said...

I love the prioritizing the soap bubbles. :D but my favorite part I think is the: get along well with leaves and pinecones.

We have a pinecone tree in the front and one in the back yard. Let's just say the trees and I don't get along. I'm not one for cutting down trees but these two...oh my.

gautami tripathy said...

"during my previous position as a
singer-in-the-shower I was responsible
for prioritizing soap bubbles I would
be happy to solve any riddles or provide
a means of transportation to the center
of anything"

Ah well..that should get you the job!!

Rhian / Crowwoman said...

i really really liked this one! And yeah - i have those poems i don't recall writing but they're in my hand, so i must have, right?

Vicki said...

I was tagged with a meme and now I've tagged you. :) Check out my blog.

Also, the book you won will be signed by Cheryl and sent out in about a week. :D