Vicki tagged me with the old "8 things about you" meme. Since I hadn't yet done my Thursday Thirteen, I figured I would merge the two.
So, below, EIGHT of these things are facts about me.
FIVE of them are things about characters in my stories.
See if you can guess which are about me, and which are about my characters.
1) I lost the spelling bee in 2nd grade because I couldn't spell the word "kiwi."
2) I raised several thousand dollars for a cancer research center by holding a chocolate festival.
3) I drove across two states to stop my best friend's wedding.
4) My first real job was shredding paper at a real estate office. My second was at Winchell's donuts.
5) I accidentally hit a blind woman's dog with my car.
6) I have taken formal Buddhist vows of refuge.
7) I lived in Eastern Europe for a year.
8) I was on top of a mountain in Colorado when a thunderstorm moved in. A man hiking below us was struck by lightning.
9) I fell and broke my arm while trying to find the Christmas present my husband had hidden from me.
10) I used to videotape my room at night in case there were ghosts.
11) I make the best carrot-cake you'll ever taste.
12) The lenses in my eyes have been replaced by fake ones, which make me far-sighted.
13) When my forest was hit by a mysterious curse, my little sister and I had to travel to Dead Mountain to find an excommunicated faerie. (just seeing if you're paying attention)
That was fun! Sort of like "two truths and a lie" only on a grander scale.
I'm supposed to TAG someone for the meme now... hmmm... well, I'll tag POST MODERN SASS and CAMMIE IN BLOGLAND just because I haven't before, so they are the least likely to kill me for it. CAMMIE and SASS - you are to write in your blog 8 things about yourself. (you don't have to do the lying part, that was my twist on it. Although that was fun.)