Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Word on Wednesday

I don't actually say much about myself or my work on my own blog, so thought I would indulge. This week's W.O.W. is a little bit of self-promotion.

I was recently interviewed for PIF magazine by Derek Alger. I have to say, Derek was very nice and quite thorough and one of the only interviewers who actually sent material for my approval. We spoke on the phone for an hour and he was very enthusiastic.

PIF bills itself as the longest running on-line literary magazine. They have some great interviews and material posted. I was quite impressed with their site and very honored that they chose to interview me. Please check them out, it's well worth it. Be careful, though, last time I visited I was there for at least an hour reading interviews and some damn good poetry.

* * * * *
Also in the world of Danika... I thought I'd post this for my friends, family, and fans. Sometimes pictures speak a thousand words:

The Accidental Novelist "Before" (4 1/2 years worth of dreadlocks)



The Accidental Novelist "After" ( 15 minutes of Zoe's scissors)




Change is good. And I feel 10 lbs lighter. (anyone need any extra hair?)

7 comments:

Michelle Johnson said...

Getting lost for an hour reading other poetry is great. I am sure that is what online magazine wants. I am so glad to hear you were interviewed and that it went well. Keep up the good work. By the way...

You have been tagged to list at least four things you think a beginning poet should attend to and four mistakes you think a poet should avoid. I have posted mine at www.poefusion.blogspot.com if you are interested in taking a look.

Have a nice day.

tumblewords said...

Congratulations! That's quite an honor. PIF was one of the first online places I watched regularly! It carries fine work!

Danika / OpenChannel said...

Tagged - ooh! That's a good one, too. At least it's not the old "8 random things about you" meme. I'll have to think of some goodies.

Tumblewords - thanks! It really is a good magazine, so I'm pretty happy about it.

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Wow! That's quite the transformation! I bet that takes the weight off!

Congratulations on the interview!

Danika / OpenChannel said...

Thanks, Alyssa.

Yeah, I feel like a new person. And today, three people who I've known for over a year introduced themselves to me before they realized who I was. Haha.

You've got quite the cute 'do, there, too.

julia said...

Wonderful before and after pictures, Danika! I feel like waving hello.

Danika / OpenChannel said...

Hi Julie (waving back).

You know, life has been amazing since the haircut... it was like it released me from a little rut I was in. Funny how one change can invite others... I was ready for big changes, big movement, and I got it in a good way!