Monday, December 10, 2007

Monday Poetry Train (I've lost count of how many)

hello poetry trainers, how I've missed this ritual, this discipline. but I am back and hope you are all well and full poetic cheer.


again, I've used the fabulous friday five word list from poefusion to create tonight's poem.

when I retire

the snow silence will greet my notorious late morning
orchestrated by commuting leaf breath and teapot
gasping minuet-ish piano keys through
fogged window life a background
of mayonnaise and mustard jars
filled with small pebbles collected off
tropical beach waves and saved moat dreams
my art surrendered to an elastic infinity of views


For some reason, I have this notion that I will retire when I hit 45. That sounds pretty good to me.

friday's words were: notorious, piano, mustard, moat, and infinity.

Join the train.

10 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

I like this a lot. I read it twice. Great use of the words too.

scientifically insane

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Retire at 45? Seems like a good goal.

The poem's cool. Very calm, just like late mornings should be.

Glad to see you back, Danika!! I've missed visiting!

Danika / OpenChannel said...

Thanks Guatami!

Susan, I've missed everyone, too. Now I gotta catch up visiting everyone else's sites.

artpredator said...

love saved moat dreams (w/ wonder-ful ref of pebbles in mustard jars!!)

where doing experiments like this offer these brilliant moments

it's a kick, i like it a lot

http://artpredator.wordpress.com

Danika / OpenChannel said...

AP -

it's those friday five words that have got me writing poetry again. guess I needed an "assignment" to make myself do it.

As you can see, I'm back, but not posting much. The electrician is done and we're drywalling the places he had to go into the wall, painting, and still unpacking...

artpredator said...

i resist those kinds of experiments too much. i could do it with prose possibly

yeah we've been doing lots around here too (what else is new)

did you BUY this house then???

Michelle Johnson said...

Welcome back, Danika! What a nice surprise to see you used my Friday 5 words with your second post back.

life a background
of mayonnaise and mustard jars
filled with small pebbles collected off
tropical beach waves
these were my favorite words/ lines. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas! Hope all goes well in your new place.

Vicki said...

Just wanted to stop by and wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

I hope everything is going great in your new home!

Danika / OpenChannel said...

Yes, AP - we bought the house and just spent our first christmas here. it snowed and we cooked all day. we didn't have a tree, so we decorated the fireplace.

Danika / OpenChannel said...

Thanks Michelle and Vicki! I hope to start posting more again soon.