Monday, January 21, 2008

Monday Poetry Train - no matter

It's still Monday in the Pacific Northwest.

This is my take on missing the bus today.

no matter


today
it is no matter
missing the bus
my composition shifting
outside the forgotten structure of
last night’s yellow dream
glassy eyed and grotesque from
too much busy mind I welcome the sun’s
cosmopolitan greeting holding life
momentarily by a shoe
lace
the birds commute west
an interlude
between cosmic sheets
of music no matter to the
stage production below
no matter
their chemistry neglects intension
draws spirit from the body
of instruction and
discipline


Friday's fives on Poefusion were:

interlude
grotesque
chemistry
neglect
shoelace


Take a Ride on the Poetry Train. It's good for you.

8 comments:

paisley said...

that was greatw,, not that you missed the bus of course,, but because you had the clarity later to write about it..

Michelle Johnson said...

Such beautifully written words after missing the bus. I would think the words would have been a bit more angry. Thanks for sharing. Have a nice day.

julia said...

'glassy eyed and grotesque from
too much busy mind I welcome the sun’s
cosmopolitan greeting holding life'

That's me every morning when I stumble onto the bus. Really love that, Danika.

gautami tripathy said...

very good use of the words..

you did not miss anything..

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Oh, lovely, Danika! Talk about making lemonade -- although it doesn't seem as though you ever saw missing the bus as lemons...

Danika / OpenChannel said...

Hi Ladies,

You know, for a moment I cursed the bus... then I realized there was nothing I could do but wait for the next. And that I wasn't going to let it dictate my mood. That was up to me... Allowing myself to let go of the need to control things, I sat and enjoyed the sun...

artpredator said...

how did i miss you on the train???

love this danika, esp

momentarily by a shoe
lace
the birds commute west



those words really work wonders to give your poems some nice twists and turns!

Danika / OpenChannel said...

Hey AP - I was late on the train, just before midnight. :-)

I like the friday 5 words... I don't know that I'd be writing original poems without them these days.