Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The WORD on Wednesday - Band Name Generator

This site turned out to be way more fun than I had anticipated.

I needed a name for a female rock band for a mockumentary web series. I threw in a few words an ended up with Hell Sister Rebellion, Hell Sister Fiesta, and Suburban Hell Sisters. (hmmm, notice a theme?)

If you are ever in the need of a band name for a novel or screenplay, Band Name Maker is the place. There are other band name generator sites, but I like Band Name Maker because you can put a word or two in yourself and it will use those words in the name. Other sites like Band Name Generator or Rock and Roll Generator or Random Band Name Generator simply put random words together (although the last one allows you to pick the style of music).

Just for fun (on Band Name Maker) I put in the words "accidental," "novelist," and "accidental novelist" and came up with these gems:

Campground Of The Accidental Chihuahua
Accidental Hallucination
Misplaced Novelist
Delayed Novelist Emergency
Accidental Novelist Of The Lucid Sunday
Flannel Accidental Novelist And The Girlfriend

Anyone interested in forming a band?

Post other names in your comments if you try it out.

4 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Whee! That is fun!

I have a list of band names I want/need to use, so I haven't hit up any band generators yet. YET. Notice that word; I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Angelica said...

too funny! I don't need a band name, but put in 3 words I like -- spirit, joy and laugh
The funniest one generated is:
Spirit, Joy, Laugh Elvis And The Gaseous Yawn

Danika / OpenChannel said...

Hi Susan, yeah, it's addicting. I've been back several times since I wrote this post.

Hi Angelica! I love your band name! I think I'd shorten it to Joyful Elvis and the Gaseous Yawn. Or Laughing Elvis...

what a hoot.

Anonymous said...

Interesting...
But there are many other services in Internet to generate unique name. I use http://tools4name.com/ and
http://www.lightsphere.com/dev/web20.html

... and it may used as band name generator.