Sunday, May 4, 2008

Poetry Train... not so much...

I'm not feeling so poetic at the moment, but I am pretty excited.

Now you can finally see why I have been so insanely busy lately (making for inconsistent blogging).

The first of 25 internet TV sites I am helping to create has launched!

It's less than a week old, so there are still bugs and glitches and funky things going on, as well as changes we just couldn't make in time for our launch. So, we'll be tweaking over the next few months to get everything right.

vancouveriam.com

Each site is locally-based and locally focused. Toronto and Seattle are next.

For some reason, the sound adjuster isn't working on the viewing pages, so you'll have to adjust the sound from your computer.

A few short films that I wrote are posted on the TV IAM portion of the site:

StickUp

What the Cat Said

And I wrote, produced, and directed the "How To TV AM" video, which is about creating video citizen journalism (Click on the pink How To TV IAM graphic)

Word is getting out, people are excited about participating and love the look. I can`t wait to start on the next city!

So, no poem today... but at least I`m getting sleep again. :-)

6 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

Well, life is getting interesting, is it not? That is poetry!

clawing crawlies

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Very, very cool.

Keep on sleeping... the creativity will return.

artpredator said...

congrats danika!

i look forward to perusing the project--reed loves exploring things on-line with me--is there anything there inappropriate?

last day of classes--just 2 finals to give and papers to grade and and well almmost done!

Julia Smith said...

Really nice looking site. I'll check out your short films when I get home (I'm at work.)

Jill said...

Congrats and happy sleeping!

Vicki said...

Wow, you've been busy and doing some really great stuff!! Glad to know you're finally getting some sleep.