Monday, June 9, 2008

Monday Poetry Train (in Motion)

I haven't written any poetry this week... however I DID attend a screenwriting summit this weekend with Michael Hauge, Linda Seger, John Truby, and Sid Field. I was very unimpressed with Sid Field. Not that I ever refer to any of his books... although I did like his Four Screenplays.

As for the others, I definitely took something away from each. Truby is an excellent lecturer on structure and genre, although a little rigid in his analysis.




For today... you'll have to settle for Poetry in Motion. I really dig this video from VancouverIAM.com. It was created by a student at Vancouver Film School. I've been obsessed with So You Think You Can Dance lately, and the unbelievable control people have over their bodies.

5 comments:

artpredator said...

cool poop?

will watch it later maybe with reed

the sid field eh?? mr screenplay, people around here joke about him all the time

Danika / OpenChannel said...

yes, very cool poop!

THE Syd Field. He was really terrible. Disorganized and not very inspiring... quite dull, actually. Any one of the VFS instructors could have delivered a better talk.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

What a disappointment in Syd. I hate when that happens... at least you got something out of the others, so it wasn't totally wasted.

Danika / OpenChannel said...

You know what, though? I found Syd to be inspiring in another way... I love to teach and want to build my reputation and audience. Seeing Syd made me realize that I could do it at that capacity. That I could certainly deliver the goods given the opportunity.

Erin Mogul said...

That's too bad about Syd - the dancing, however, is pretty cool.